Dancing with the Docs 2013
Dancing with the Docs 2013 is underway with six dance couples on board beginning to film rehearsals. The first TV show is in its final edits and will premier on July 26. Nine episodes of Mammoth’s own reality TV show will air every Friday night on Sierra Wave leading up to the final dance competition on Sept. 21 at Canyon Lodge. The episodes will be uploaded to www.mammothhospital.com as well.
Last year’s inaugural event was a huge success. The fundraiser is a dance competition between local physicians and plays upon the well-known television show, “Dancing with the Stars.” Local celebrities make up the doctor’s partners.
This year’s dance teams are:
1) Dr. Fru Bahiraei/Jennifer Collins; choreographer – Sabrina Nioche: Salsa
2) Dr. Jennie Walker/Matty Whitmore; choreographer – Leann Alduendo (dance TBD)
3) Dr. Kim Escudero/Gabe Taylor; choreographer – Karrie McFadden: Swing
4) Dr. Marty Kim/Jason Crockett; choreographer – Pamela Stayden: Country Swing
5) Karly Dawson, PA/Chris Benchetler; choreographer – Sarah Lawrence: 60’s style dance
6) Dr. Jason Bishop/Alison Page (dancer + choreographer): Jive
To sponsor a team or a table, or buy tickets contact the Hospital’s Fund Development Coordinator Bubby Greene at 740.924.4128.
Last year was a sold-out event and touted as the best fundraising event in Mammoth, according to the Hospital’s Community Relations Director Lori Ciccarelli. “Our goal this year is to have 100 more in attendance with a total of 350 people, so get your tickets early,” she said.
(Photo: Susan Morning)