Here’s the latest update from Mammoth Community Water District’s General Manager Greg Norby regarding the lawsuit with the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.
There is not a lot going on besides the court process right now, according to Norby. The District is continuing its outreach to elected officials in LA and Sacramento, in parallel with the lawsuit process, to seek support for a reasonable settlement alternative to the lawsuits.
The court held a status conference meeting by phone call on June 14 during which the following orders, dates, etc. were issued by Judge Garbolino (retired Placer County judge appointed by Judicial Counsel):
1. MCWD shall certify and file the administrative records in both cases on or before July 16. LADWP will pay MCWD costs of preparing these records. (Admin records have been prepared, but not “certified”).
2. LADWP shall file its opening briefs (one in each case) on or before Sept. 14.
3. MCWD shall file its responsive briefs on or before Nov. 16.
4. LADWP shall file its reply briefs on or before Dec. 21.
5. The hearing on the merits in each case is scheduled for Jan. 29, 2013, at 9 a.m., in the Mammoth Lakes courthouse. This hearing will be open to the public.
6. Judge Garbolino will issue his decision shortly after the hearing (in weeks, not months).